Information for Writers
If you are interested in getting involved with the festival as a writer, please get in touch.
When doing so, please consider the following:
- It is easier for us to consider you for inclusion if you propose ideas and give us a sense of your background – how might you be involved, and what might you do? Have you done events before? Which other festivals have you appeared at? Do you have a publication? Are you looking to be part of the main festival or the Birmingham Libraries Fringe programme? If you were involved, how would you help us generate an audience for your event? If you have an agent or publisher, please tell us who they are.
- The Festival does not have a theme, and does not just promote writers from Birmingham/ the West Midlands.
- We programme between January and June. To be considered for October, submissions must be in before the end of May.
- We receive a huge number of enquiries. It is a long and complicated process to create a programme that offers variety and balance, and it is always the case that we have to disappoint some of those who wish to take part.
- It can take weeks, or sometimes longer to respond to emails about involvement with the Festival. All contact received within the submission period will be considered, and we will contact you if we need to know more.If you are successful, you will be notified by the end of May/ beginning of June. Due to amount of submissions, we are not able to inform all those who are unsuccessful.